Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Aulds Field getting facelift
- 2013 - 961 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
- January 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 24 articles
- January 29th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- January 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 6 articles
- January 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- January 22nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- January 21st, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 18th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 5 articles
- January 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- January 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 12th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- January 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 6 articles
- January 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- January 8th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- January 7th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 6th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- January 4th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- January 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 4 articles
- January 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- January 1st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
|Aulds Field getting facelift|
Shelby Aulds Field at West Monroe High School is getting a facelift.
The main items which will be most noticeable will be new sunken dugouts and the center section behind home plate improved with 300 chairback seats added to the viewing area.
There will also be a huge indoor batting cage and the visiting team will have a batting cage down the left field line.
"The home team will be moved to the first base side," said West Monroe coach Mark Sims. "I don't know if we'll have the field ready for the first scrimmage."
The first scrimmage is scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 2, but Sims has moved it to Neville.
The renovations at Aulds Field are scheduled to be completed Feb. 1. That completion date, though, could change.
"This is gona be a great facility," said West Monroe Athletic Director Don Shows. "It's going to give us one of the best high school baseball facilities in the state if not the best. I'm real excited about it."
Ouachita Parish School Board member Jerry Hicks said he felt the project would really help the baseball program.
"It's going to be state-of-the-art," Hicks said. "It's going to be really nice. We'll have new bleachers and we're moving the backstop closer to the field. We're not going to do anything about the concession stands just yet."
The Rebels baseball season is expected to begin early in February at the Neville Tigers, a scrimmage game which was originally scheduled to be played at home.
The first action for the rebuilt home field will be Feb. 28 when they host the West Monroe Classic tournament, but Sims said it probably will be completed much sooner.