Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Branch, Edwards aim for LSU
- 2013 - 802 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
- January 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 24 articles
- January 29th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- January 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 6 articles
- January 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- January 22nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- January 21st, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 18th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 5 articles
- January 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- January 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 12th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- January 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 6 articles
- January 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- January 8th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- January 7th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 6th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- January 4th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- January 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 4 articles
- January 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- January 1st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
|Branch, Edwards aim for LSU|
They've played against each other for the past three years up until 2007.
Now they'll get to see what it will be like being teammates on one of the most powerful
teams in the United States, the LSU Tigers.
Matt Branch, a Sterlington wide receiver, made the commitment quite some time ago.
Tyler Edwards of Ouachita Parish High School decided to go to LSU this past Saturday.
Sterlington and Ouachita did not meet on the playing field in 2007 because the Lions had an eight-team district and their schedule was already set.
"Branch is a good kid and a hard worker," said Sterlington coach Mike Collins said.
Branch, a 6-8, 240-lb. senior wide receiver, has already committed verbally to LSU.
In 2007, Branch had 30 catches for 312 yards and he scored one touchdown.
He was ranked the No. 8 tight end in the country, and No. 4 recruit in the state at rivals.com.
Branch played in the All-American Bowl in Miami where he played with 88 of the top seniors in the country.
National Signing Day is not until Wednesday, Feb. 6. This is when the players can make their commitments binding.
Edwards is a 6-4, 238 lb. tight end, who has been a stalwart player for Ouachita during his four years.
"Edwards is a fantastic player," Ouachita coach John Carr said. "He makes the big plays, he has great technique, he's physical, he has the ability and he's a hard-nosed kid. I'm sure this is what impressed the coaches when they looked at the film."
Edwards had 19 catches for 225 yards and he scored two touchdowns.
West Monroe coach Don Shows said at this time he didn't know of anyone signing.
Shelby Aulds, the senior quarterback for the Rebels, will probably play baseball somewhere, Shows said. Shows did say wide receiver Mario Wiley, a 6-1, 182-lb. senior, is contemplating going somewhere, but he hadn't confirmed anything yet.
Neville coach Mickey McCarty said three players were contemplating signing, but hadn't made decisions at this time.
The three players who are still contemplating what schools to go to include Jacques Simmons, a 5-11, 190 lb. wide receiver, Trevor Stennett, a 5-9, 170 lb. defensive back, and Ted Holley, a 6-0, 170 lb. defensive back.
McCarty said these three players still had visits to make and they may be interested in junior colleges.