Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: OCS tourney results
- 2013 - 962 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
- January 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 24 articles
- January 29th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- January 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 6 articles
- January 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- January 22nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- January 21st, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 18th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 5 articles
- January 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- January 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 12th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- January 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 6 articles
- January 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- January 8th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- January 7th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 6th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- January 4th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- January 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 4 articles
- January 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- January 1st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
|OCS tourney results|
Natalia Cryer and Molly Bozeman scored 11 points each and Abby Kalil added 10 as the Ouachita Christian School Lady Eagles opened the OCS New Year's Classic with a 56-20 thumping of Calvary Baptist.
OCS raced out to a 20-5 lead at the end of the first quarter and never looked back. OCS led 42-12 at the half, and 52-14 at the end of the third quarter.
Leading rebounder was Brooke Humphries with eight.
West Ouachita 36, Sterlinton 32
Ashlee Sisson scored 18 points to help pace the Lady Chiefs.
Ferrin Flowers and Beth Brown had six rebounds each.
Lakelia Pounds scored 22 points to help pace Sterlington.
The Lady Chiefs led 7-1 at the outset and 15-9 at the half.
The Lady Chiefs led 27-15 at the end of the third quarter and appeared to be running away with it, but Sterlington rallied to score 15 points in the final quarter. The effort just wasn't quite enough to unseat the Lady Chiefs.
Caldwell 39, St. Frederick 35
Centarius Donald scored 15 points and Steton Thompson added eight rebounds to help lift Caldwell.
St. Frederick was led by Doc Ward with 16 points and LaDarrin Williams with 11.
The score was tied at the end of the first quarter 9-9, and again at the half 15-15.
Caldwell broke through in the third quarter, taking a 22-17 advantage.
St. Mary's 49, Claiborne Christian 40'
Claire Harrington scored 14 points to help pace St. Mary's.
Angel Hamiton had a double/double with 22 points and 11 boards for Claiborne, but the effort fell just shy.
Claiborne opened the game by taking a 12-7 lead at the end of the first quarter, but St. Mary's came back in the second quarter to take a 22-16 advantage at the half and a 33-29 advantage at the end of the third quarter.
St. Mary's 52, West Ouachita 50
Victor Bayonne had a double/double to pace St. Mary's 52, West Ouachita 50
A field goal with 46 seconds left help lift St. Mary's to the win. The game was close all the way and was tied eight times.
West Ouachita jumped ahead 15-14 at the end of the first quarter and St. Mary's came back to take a 33-27 lead at the half. St. Mary's led 41-32 at the end of the third quarter.
The lead changed 11 times in the game.
Jason Calhoun led West Ouachita with 16 points, Gary Thomas contributed 15 and Matt Calhoun added 10 to the total.
OCS 82, Claiborne Christian 50
OCS coach Jeff Thomas got to clear his bench in this contest.
Chris Dupont pumped in 31 points and Matt Parker added 12.
Leading rebounders were Glen Marshall and Mike Colby with five each.
Kyle Osbon led Claiborne with 30 points.
Calvary Baptist 67, Sterlington 52
Derek Griffon scored 22 points and Andre Baker added 14 but the effort wasn't enough as Calvary picked up the win.
Sterlington opened the game leading 19-10 at the end of the first quarter, but Calvary rallied to take a 30-27 advantage at the half.
Calvary held a convincing 50-32 lead at the end of the third quarter.
In today's action, it's West Ouachita girls facing Caldwell at 5:45 p.m. and OCS girls playing St. Mary's at 8:15 p.m.
Boys bracket games include OCS against St. Mary's at 7 p.m., and Caldwell taking on Calvary at 4:30 p.m. today.