Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: WMPD arrests repeat offender
- 2013 - 844 articles
- May 2013 - 162 articles
- April 2013 - 184 articles
- March 2013 - 170 articles
- February 2013 - 161 articles
- January 2013 - 167 articles
- January 31st, 2013 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- January 30th, 2013 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 24th, 2013 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- January 23rd, 2013 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 17th, 2013 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- January 15th, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 11th, 2013 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 10th, 2013 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- January 8th, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 3rd, 2013 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 2nd, 2013 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- January 1st, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|WMPD arrests repeat offender|
The West Monroe Police Department was called to the Super-8 Motel on Glenwood Drive late last week after receiving a call about a woman begging for money in the lobby.
Donna Ann Balliew, 48, of 28 Oakwood Drive, Monroe, told West Monroe police officers that she had no money and needed cash to catch a cab to Monroe. However, police said Balliew had $48 in her possession — more than enough to pay for a taxi ride.
West Monroe police officials said they have received numerous complaints in the past about Balliew begging for money at several different businesses. In the past incidents, Balliew reportedly gave false information about her financial status and living arrangements.
Balliew informed the police that she had been begging for money to support her crack habits and she freely admitted to the officers that she had a crack pipe in her purse.
Balliew was arrested on suspicion of possession of crack, possession of drug paraphernalia, attempted theft by fraud, failure to appear/unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, and failure to appear/possession of drug paraphernalia.
Balliew was booked into Ouachita Correctional Center with bond set at $15,000.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!