Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Mardi Gras in Twin Cities rolls Saturday
- 2013 - 801 articles
- May 2013 - 119 articles
- April 2013 - 184 articles
- March 2013 - 170 articles
- February 2013 - 161 articles
- January 2013 - 167 articles
- January 31st, 2013 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- January 30th, 2013 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 24th, 2013 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- January 23rd, 2013 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 17th, 2013 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- January 15th, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 11th, 2013 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 10th, 2013 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- January 8th, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 3rd, 2013 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 2nd, 2013 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- January 1st, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Mardi Gras in Twin Cities rolls Saturday|
That's the theme of this year's Twin Cities Krewe of Janus Mardi Gras Parade. The parade will roll through Monroe and West Monroe Saturday evening.
Joe Hakim, the Krewe's treasurer, said the annual event has become an established Twin Cities tradition.
"This is our 30th year," he said. "The king and queen are a married couple, Lee and Carla Rogers. The parade starts rolling at 6 p.m. promptly, from the intersection of 8th Street and New Natchitoches (in West Monroe), comes down to Trenton and turns left, goes up to the Louisville Bridge, and then continues on down Louisville to Breard Street."
Hakim says that depending on the number of entries and bands, the parade will finish by 10:00 p.m.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!