Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Development near Ike plods along
- 2013 - 844 articles
- May 2013 - 162 articles
- April 2013 - 184 articles
- March 2013 - 170 articles
- February 2013 - 161 articles
- January 2013 - 167 articles
- January 31st, 2013 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- January 30th, 2013 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 24th, 2013 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- January 23rd, 2013 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 17th, 2013 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- January 15th, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 11th, 2013 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 10th, 2013 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- January 8th, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 3rd, 2013 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 2nd, 2013 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- January 1st, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Development near Ike plods along|
The City of West Monroe is still negotiating with an out-of-state shopping center developer about rebooting efforts to develop 60 acres of city-owned property in front of the Hamilton Ike Expo Center off Interstate 20.
The acreage, located along Constitution Drive and Mane Street, includes four acres occupied by Hilton Garden Inn, leaving the surrounding 56 acres open for development.
Dr. Eric Hale, West Monroe's economic development coordinator, said he and Mayor Dave Norris talked last week with the MGHerring Group, a shopping center and lifestyle center developer located in Dallas.
"We've been working on developing the site since 2005 or 2006," Hale said. "We're working toward not a strip center, but an open-air mall on the scale of a regional mall."
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!