Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Board introduces compromise to sewer rate flap
- 2013 - 800 articles
- May 2013 - 118 articles
- April 2013 - 184 articles
- March 2013 - 170 articles
- February 2013 - 161 articles
- January 2013 - 167 articles
- January 31st, 2013 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- January 30th, 2013 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 24th, 2013 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- January 23rd, 2013 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 17th, 2013 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- January 15th, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 11th, 2013 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 10th, 2013 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- January 8th, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 3rd, 2013 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 2nd, 2013 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- January 1st, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Board introduces compromise to sewer rate flap|
A controversial ordinance to rescind an increase in sewer rates was removed from Tuesday night's Monroe City Council agenda with a reworded ordinance introduced for consideration at the council's next meeting.
The rewritten ordinance keeps the increased rates adopted by the City Council in November, but it eliminates language that would allow Mayor Jamie Mayo's administration to increase rates without council approval.
The City Council's decision in November to raise sewer rates was made by some outgoing council members. Three new members joined the City Council in January following the 2012 election cycle.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!