Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Dianne Cage: Dec. Jan. 24, 2013
- 2013 - 802 articles
- May 2013 - 120 articles
- April 2013 - 184 articles
- March 2013 - 170 articles
- February 2013 - 161 articles
- January 2013 - 167 articles
- January 31st, 2013 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- January 30th, 2013 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 24th, 2013 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- January 23rd, 2013 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 17th, 2013 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- January 15th, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 11th, 2013 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 10th, 2013 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- January 8th, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 3rd, 2013 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 2nd, 2013 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- January 1st, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Dianne Cage: Dec. Jan. 24, 2013|
"For The Beauty Of The Earth"
For the beauty of the earth, for the glory of the skies,
For the love which from our birth over and around us lies;
Lord of all, to thee we raise this is our hymn of grateful praise!
La la la... I love that old Methodist hymn!
Did you just love the ice formation on all the trees the first of last week ? It was truly a magical winter for several days and I was in awe of God's creation and the beauty of his earth! This song came to my mind and I have been singing and humming it every since. I think the Pin Oak Trees and the Crape Myrtles were the prettiest, but then the crystals of ice on the Pine Trees and magnolias, with the contrast of the green was breath taking!
The whole area looked like a crystal palace. Is it not amazing we can go from bleak, gray freezing, icy cold weather to beautiful sunshine blue skies with temperatures in the high 50's in the same week. I love it!!
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Dianne Cage writes a bi-weekly lifestyle column for The Ouachita Citizen. She and her husband, Mike Cage, live in Monroe.