Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Second season requires primitive rifles
- 2013 - 801 articles
- May 2013 - 119 articles
- April 2013 - 184 articles
- March 2013 - 170 articles
- February 2013 - 161 articles
- January 2013 - 167 articles
- January 31st, 2013 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- January 30th, 2013 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 24th, 2013 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- January 23rd, 2013 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 17th, 2013 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- January 15th, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 11th, 2013 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 10th, 2013 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- January 8th, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 3rd, 2013 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 2nd, 2013 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- January 1st, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Second season requires primitive rifles|
Pull back out your primitive rifle for the second season to finish filling your tags. I love my H&R 45-70. I could hunt all season with this rifle. It is accurate, simple to use and has the knock down power to 150 yards.
I have taken several deer with it and they drop in their tracks. My nephew, niece and my daughter have all taken their first deer with it as well. Great Memories and stories to tell.
There are other rifles such as .35 Whelen, .444 Marlin, that are popular this year that also takes a signal bullet, which is a cartridge. Not only rifles, but also mussel loading shotguns are available to use when hunting primitive season according to the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries website.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!