Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Judge orders Sheriff's Office to pay doctor
- 2013 - 845 articles
- May 2013 - 163 articles
- April 2013 - 184 articles
- March 2013 - 170 articles
- February 2013 - 161 articles
- January 2013 - 167 articles
- January 31st, 2013 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- January 30th, 2013 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 24th, 2013 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- January 23rd, 2013 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 17th, 2013 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- January 15th, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 11th, 2013 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 10th, 2013 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- January 8th, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 3rd, 2013 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 2nd, 2013 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- January 1st, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Judge orders Sheriff's Office to pay doctor|
A 4th Judicial District Court judge has ordered the Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Office to pay more than $20,000 for failing to timely respond to a public information request.
The order stems from a public information request that was made when Royce Toney served as sheriff.
Judge Scott Leehy ordered the Sheriff's Office to pay Dr. Berry Chandler $17,000 plus $3,546 in attorney fees. Leehy rendered the judgment on Nov. 8, 2012.
Chandler had requested information from the Sheriff's Office in post conviction relief to have his plea agreement thrown out and to have his medical license restored. The information Chandler requested was not turned over to him in a timely manner, violating state law.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!