Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: LYAC accepting student applications
- 2013 - 844 articles
- May 2013 - 162 articles
- April 2013 - 184 articles
- March 2013 - 170 articles
- February 2013 - 161 articles
- January 2013 - 167 articles
- January 31st, 2013 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- January 30th, 2013 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 24th, 2013 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- January 23rd, 2013 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 17th, 2013 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- January 15th, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 11th, 2013 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 10th, 2013 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- January 8th, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 3rd, 2013 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 2nd, 2013 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- January 1st, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|LYAC accepting student applications|
The Louisiana Legislative Youth Advisory Council (LYAC) is now accepting applications for membership from high school students who have an interest in representing the voices of other young people around the state.
LYAC is a yearly-appointed body composed entirely of students that addresses issues affecting the youth of Louisiana.
The council studies and addresses issues of importance to young people, including education, community service, employment, strategies to increase youth participation in government, safe environments for youth, substance abuse, underage drinking, and youth health and physical fitness, as well as other issues.
Members of the council are selected from a wide pool of applicants from around the state who display a strong interest in civic involvement.
The deadline for applications is March 15, 2013. Applicants may apply online or complete the PDF application and mail it to the address listed on the application. Both applications may be accessed at http://civiced.louisiana.gov. For more information, call (225) 342-6145.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!