Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Look forward with hope
- 2013 - 962 articles
- June 2013 - 83 articles
- May 2013 - 197 articles
- April 2013 - 184 articles
- March 2013 - 170 articles
- February 2013 - 161 articles
- January 2013 - 167 articles
- January 31st, 2013 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- January 30th, 2013 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 24th, 2013 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- January 23rd, 2013 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 17th, 2013 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- January 15th, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 11th, 2013 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 10th, 2013 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- January 8th, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 3rd, 2013 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 2nd, 2013 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- January 1st, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Look forward with hope|
As 2013 begins, it's time to predict what lies ahead for the new year in the business and real estate realm. As a small business owner, I continue to make adjustments in the business plan.
The cost of doing business combined with the increasing regulatory requirements adds ever increasing expenses, which lower that bottom-line number — profit. It is an ongoing challenge to run a small business and next year will be no different with increases in taxes and the health-care insurance mandate.
More belt tightening will be required. The uncertainty of the economy has made buyers and sellers more cautious, resulting in longer marketing times and some price reductions. Overall, the current real estate market in the area continues to be stable.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
A.J. Burns is a real estate appraiser based in West Monroe.