Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: School Board balks at five western Ouachita districts
- 2013 - 961 articles
- June 2013 - 82 articles
- May 2013 - 197 articles
- April 2013 - 184 articles
- March 2013 - 170 articles
- February 2013 - 161 articles
- January 2013 - 167 articles
- January 31st, 2013 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- January 30th, 2013 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 24th, 2013 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- January 23rd, 2013 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 17th, 2013 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- January 15th, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 11th, 2013 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 10th, 2013 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- January 8th, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 3rd, 2013 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 2nd, 2013 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- January 1st, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|School Board balks at five western Ouachita districts|
A controversial proposal to shift the balance of representation on the Ouachita Parish School Board was defeated last week, after a public hearing to discuss reapportioning the seven districts that represent Ouachita Parish.
Government agencies must redraw district lines every 10 years to account for shifts in population as indicated by the U.S. Census.
Currently, the Ouachita Parish School Board is divided by a four-three split. Four representatives are elected from the west side of the Ouachita River and three members serve eastern parts of the parish.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!