Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Solons: Social Security tax hike will impact state
- 2013 - 845 articles
- May 2013 - 163 articles
- April 2013 - 184 articles
- March 2013 - 170 articles
- February 2013 - 161 articles
- January 2013 - 167 articles
- January 31st, 2013 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- January 30th, 2013 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 24th, 2013 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- January 23rd, 2013 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 17th, 2013 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- January 15th, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 11th, 2013 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 10th, 2013 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- January 8th, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 3rd, 2013 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 2nd, 2013 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- January 1st, 2013 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Solons: Social Security tax hike will impact state|
State lawmakers who represent Ouachita Parish say the tax increases approved by the Congress earlier this week will have a negative impact on the state.
At the heart of the issue locally is an increase in Social Security taxes paid by employees. Levied at 6.2 percent for years, the tax was cut to 4.2 percent three years ago to put more money in workers' pockets in hopes of it leading to more spending in the U.S. economy. The tax returns to the 6.2-percent rate immediately.
State Sen. Mike Walsworth said though the increase in Social Security taxes was small, it will be felt.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!