Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: How to negotiate and win
- 2013 - 800 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- December 2012 - 131 articles
- December 28th, 2012 (Friday) - 2 articles
- December 27th, 2012 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- December 26th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- December 21st, 2012 (Friday) - 1 articles
- December 20th, 2012 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- December 19th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- December 18th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- December 13th, 2012 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- December 12th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- December 10th, 2012 (Monday) - 2 articles
- December 6th, 2012 (Thursday) - 30 articles
- December 4th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- December 3rd, 2012 (Monday) - 2 articles
- December 2nd, 2012 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- November 2012 - 191 articles
- October 2012 - 183 articles
- September 2012 - 186 articles
- August 2012 - 211 articles
- July 2012 - 134 articles
- June 2012 - 139 articles
- May 2012 - 212 articles
- April 2012 - 167 articles
- March 2012 - 165 articles
- February 2012 - 129 articles
- January 2012 - 106 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|How to negotiate and win|
We are all engaged in the act of negotiating whether we recognize it or not. We may be negotiating with our children or our spouse, negotiating to buy a new car or a home or other real estate or with a service provider for a service we need.
Whatever it is for, we are all constantly negotiating. It is sometimes called the 'sport of negotiation' and just like any other sport there are rules to follow. Those who either don't know the rules or don't follow them are usually the losers. After over 30 years of negotiating thousands of real estate transactions and reading scores of books on the art of negotiating, I have learned a little and still have more to learn.
Let me share with you a few of the important lessons I have learned, many of them the hard way. I often say I have paid a million dollars for my education in the art of negotiation and still don't have a diploma.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Bill Roark is a Commercial Associate Broker at Keller Williams Realty and may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.