Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Grades can cause stress
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- December 2012 - 131 articles
- December 28th, 2012 (Friday) - 2 articles
- December 27th, 2012 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- December 26th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- December 21st, 2012 (Friday) - 1 articles
- December 20th, 2012 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- December 19th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- December 18th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- December 13th, 2012 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- December 12th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- December 10th, 2012 (Monday) - 2 articles
- December 6th, 2012 (Thursday) - 30 articles
- December 4th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- December 3rd, 2012 (Monday) - 2 articles
- December 2nd, 2012 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- November 2012 - 191 articles
- October 2012 - 183 articles
- September 2012 - 186 articles
- August 2012 - 211 articles
- July 2012 - 134 articles
- June 2012 - 139 articles
- May 2012 - 212 articles
- April 2012 - 167 articles
- March 2012 - 165 articles
- February 2012 - 129 articles
- January 2012 - 106 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Grades can cause stress|
When a child is failing in school or getting bad grades, it creates a stressful situation at home.
Bad grades are definitely a sign that there is a problem. They are indications that the child either does not have the necessary skills or is not performing at the required level for his grade. The first step is to have a conference with the child's teacher and be sure that the lines of communication are open and that everyone is on the same page. If the bad grade is a result of a learning problem, steps can be taken to get additional help for the child. Our schools offer a variety of support services for children who are struggling.
Some kids, however, are experts at convincing their parents that they are doing everything they are supposed to do, that the teacher must not like them for one reason or another, and they are being treated unfairly.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Nancy Blanchard, Ed.S, NCC/NCSC, LPC is a counselor at Highland and Lenwil Elementary Schools in West Monroe.