Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: ULM lands first-ever bowl invitation
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- December 2012 - 131 articles
- December 28th, 2012 (Friday) - 2 articles
- December 27th, 2012 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- December 26th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- December 21st, 2012 (Friday) - 1 articles
- December 20th, 2012 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- December 19th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- December 18th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- December 13th, 2012 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- December 12th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- December 10th, 2012 (Monday) - 2 articles
- December 6th, 2012 (Thursday) - 30 articles
- December 4th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- December 3rd, 2012 (Monday) - 2 articles
- December 2nd, 2012 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- November 2012 - 191 articles
- October 2012 - 183 articles
- September 2012 - 186 articles
- August 2012 - 211 articles
- July 2012 - 134 articles
- June 2012 - 139 articles
- May 2012 - 212 articles
- April 2012 - 167 articles
- March 2012 - 165 articles
- February 2012 - 129 articles
- January 2012 - 106 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|ULM lands first-ever bowl invitation|
After posting an 8-4 mark during the regular season, including a 6-2 mark in Sun Belt Conference play, the Warhawks have been rewarded with an AdvoCare V100 Independence Bowl invitation that ULM emphatically accepted on Saturday afternoon.
"We are very excited that the hard work of the team and the staff have been noticed by the AdvoCare V100 Independence Bowl," said ULM head coach Todd Berry. "To have a historic season culminate in a Bowl such as the Independence Bowl and the great city of Shreveport, La., is extra special. This team continues to work very hard. The ULM faithful can be very proud of this team both on and off the field and can know that we will give a maximum effort towards bringing the Independence Bowl trophy home with us."
ULM will face an opponent to be named later on Friday, December 28th at 1 p.m. with the game airing nationally on ESPN.
"We are thrilled and honored to be selected to participate in this year's AdvoCare V100 Independence Bowl," stated Bobby Staub, ULM's Director of Athletics. "We couldn't have picked a better location for our first-ever bowl game and look forward to our students, alumni and fans converging on Shreveport the week of December 28th."
"ULM fans are extremely excited about the Warhawks playing in the AdvoCare V100 Independence Bowl on December 28," added ULM President, Dr. Nick Bruno. "This extraordinary achievement is well deserved. Our football team, under the guidance of their coaches, embodied the Warhawk spirit; they played with a lot of passion and perseverance. I know the community joins me when I say how proud I am of their success."
Fans are strongly encouraged to purchase tickets only through the ULM Athletic Ticket Office to directly support the Warhawks and to receive seating within the designated ULM area. All fans who order through the ULM ticket office will also receive a commemorative bowl gift signed by members of the 2012 ULM football team.
For bowl ticket information, please contact the ULM Athletic Ticket Office by phone at 318-342-3ULM or visit ulmwarhawks.com. All fans who submitted early ticket reservations will receive order confirmation. Ticket reservations are still open to everyone with seat location priority being given to ULM football season ticket holders, ULM Athletic Foundation members, business partners and students. Special pricing is also available for students in the designated student zone. Additional information regarding prices, seat locations and pickup times will released when available.
"We are pleased to announce that the AdvoCare V100 Independence Bowl will be hosting ULM, one of the best Cinderella stories of the 2012 college football season," said chairman Jack Andres. "They have garnered a lot of national attention this year and are incredibly fun to watch."
The ULM ticket office will be open on Sunday, Dec. 2 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. and will extend its hours this week until 6 p.m. each day. Stay tuned to ulmwarhawks.com for the most up-to-date information.
Report courtesy ulmwarhawks.com