Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Growth positive
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- December 2012 - 131 articles
- November 2012 - 191 articles
- November 29th, 2012 (Thursday) - 36 articles
- November 27th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 26th, 2012 (Monday) - 1 articles
- November 25th, 2012 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- November 24th, 2012 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- November 21st, 2012 (Wednesday) - 34 articles
- November 18th, 2012 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- November 16th, 2012 (Friday) - 1 articles
- November 15th, 2012 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- November 14th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- November 11th, 2012 (Sunday) - 3 articles
- November 8th, 2012 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- November 7th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- November 1st, 2012 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- Neville's Diarse joins Army bowl
- WM author pens first novel
- Counselor's Corner: 'The sandwich generation'
- Dianne Cage: Nov. 1, 2012
- Chamber seeks to honor entrepreneur
- Traffic stop nets 7 kilos of cocaine
- Riley jailed for non-support
- Music, art go hand in hand at 'Art with a View!'
- Salvation Army experience leaves bad impression
- Winning at life, step by step
- Daylight Savings Time ends
- Growth positive
- Marchman to head Judiciary Commission
- DeGree remembered for 'building futures'
- Parish school officials expect bigger 13th check
- Rally raises veil on domestic violence
- Salute to veterans slated for Nov. 7
- ULM announces new online concentration
- Tigers lead 4A
- Rebels welcome Natchitoches Central after Stallion upset
- LSU will stumble running ball against the Crimson Tide
- Sterlington, Homer collide for 2A high ground
- St. Frederick meets Montgomery Tigers, needs one more win
- Ouachita Lions clock Pineville, prepare for Richwood contest
- West Ouachita meets Wossman
- River Oaks advances to playoffs
- Ouachita Christian Eagles pursue perfect season record
- Carroll rallies at Rayville, following Farmerville loss
- Warhawks dig in for Saturday contest against Lafayette
- Weekly devotional: Nov. 1, 2012
- History professor writes new book
- Styx to perform at Bossier casino on Nov. 10
- 'Motivated electorate'
- Fan advisories, timeline for LSU, Bama showdown
- October 2012 - 183 articles
- September 2012 - 186 articles
- August 2012 - 211 articles
- July 2012 - 134 articles
- June 2012 - 139 articles
- May 2012 - 212 articles
- April 2012 - 167 articles
- March 2012 - 165 articles
- February 2012 - 129 articles
- January 2012 - 106 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
The growth by CenturyLink and Ford, Bacon and Davis is very encouraging news for the Ouachita Parish area. These are good-paying, private-sector jobs. The multiplier effect includes home purchases, increased retail sales and increased tax revenues. This is welcomed news, especially when the current talk is about tax increases and government spending cuts.
The area continues to prepare for the future by preparing numerous sites for development. There are many large acreage tracts available for industrial development which can be seen on the Northeast Louisiana Economic Partnership Web site.
The NLEP represents 14 parishes in Northeast Louisiana. Working in harmony is a huge step as jobs in Ruston, Bastrop and Tallulah are a benefit to all of us. It is especially exciting to see the NLEP headed by Todd Perry. He knows what it takes to build a business, as his company PPM, an environmental firm, has grown significantly from its humble beginnings in a small metal building to a multi-state business.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
A.J. Burns is a real estate appraiser based in West Monroe.