Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Counselor's Corner: 'The sandwich generation'
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- December 2012 - 131 articles
- November 2012 - 191 articles
- November 29th, 2012 (Thursday) - 36 articles
- November 27th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 26th, 2012 (Monday) - 1 articles
- November 25th, 2012 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- November 24th, 2012 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- November 21st, 2012 (Wednesday) - 34 articles
- November 18th, 2012 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- November 16th, 2012 (Friday) - 1 articles
- November 15th, 2012 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- November 14th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- November 11th, 2012 (Sunday) - 3 articles
- November 8th, 2012 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- November 7th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- November 1st, 2012 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- Neville's Diarse joins Army bowl
- WM author pens first novel
- Counselor's Corner: 'The sandwich generation'
- Dianne Cage: Nov. 1, 2012
- Chamber seeks to honor entrepreneur
- Traffic stop nets 7 kilos of cocaine
- Riley jailed for non-support
- Music, art go hand in hand at 'Art with a View!'
- Salvation Army experience leaves bad impression
- Winning at life, step by step
- Daylight Savings Time ends
- Growth positive
- Marchman to head Judiciary Commission
- DeGree remembered for 'building futures'
- Parish school officials expect bigger 13th check
- Rally raises veil on domestic violence
- Salute to veterans slated for Nov. 7
- ULM announces new online concentration
- Tigers lead 4A
- Rebels welcome Natchitoches Central after Stallion upset
- LSU will stumble running ball against the Crimson Tide
- Sterlington, Homer collide for 2A high ground
- St. Frederick meets Montgomery Tigers, needs one more win
- Ouachita Lions clock Pineville, prepare for Richwood contest
- West Ouachita meets Wossman
- River Oaks advances to playoffs
- Ouachita Christian Eagles pursue perfect season record
- Carroll rallies at Rayville, following Farmerville loss
- Warhawks dig in for Saturday contest against Lafayette
- Weekly devotional: Nov. 1, 2012
- History professor writes new book
- Styx to perform at Bossier casino on Nov. 10
- 'Motivated electorate'
- Fan advisories, timeline for LSU, Bama showdown
- October 2012 - 183 articles
- September 2012 - 186 articles
- August 2012 - 211 articles
- July 2012 - 134 articles
- June 2012 - 139 articles
- May 2012 - 212 articles
- April 2012 - 167 articles
- March 2012 - 165 articles
- February 2012 - 129 articles
- January 2012 - 106 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Counselor's Corner: 'The sandwich generation'|
Last week we addressed the pressures many baby boomers face – taking care of aging parents, raising children, working full time, and having all the responsibilities that today's society places on us, the "Sandwich Generation." We looked at some ways to stay sane and take care of ourselves. This week, we will discuss the children and some of their struggles.
It is natural that we feel cheated of this time in life when we have worked hard and should Lbe enjoying the fruits of our labor. Instead, our time is spent mostly for others, not ourselves. Imagine that if we feel cheated, how our children could feel this way too. After all, we are "grown up" and mature thinkers, but our kids still have "kid brains" and believe that they deserve a big chunk of our time and attention. They might even feel cheated that they can't enjoy their grandparents the way they used to. From their point of view, they are being cheated!
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Nancy Blanchard, Ed.S, NCC/NCSC, LPC is a counselor at Highland and Lenwil Elementary Schools in West Monroe.