Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Fan advisories, timeline for LSU, Bama showdown
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- December 2012 - 131 articles
- November 2012 - 191 articles
- November 29th, 2012 (Thursday) - 36 articles
- November 27th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 26th, 2012 (Monday) - 1 articles
- November 25th, 2012 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- November 24th, 2012 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- November 21st, 2012 (Wednesday) - 34 articles
- November 18th, 2012 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- November 16th, 2012 (Friday) - 1 articles
- November 15th, 2012 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- November 14th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- November 11th, 2012 (Sunday) - 3 articles
- November 8th, 2012 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- November 7th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- November 1st, 2012 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- Neville's Diarse joins Army bowl
- WM author pens first novel
- Counselor's Corner: 'The sandwich generation'
- Dianne Cage: Nov. 1, 2012
- Chamber seeks to honor entrepreneur
- Traffic stop nets 7 kilos of cocaine
- Riley jailed for non-support
- Music, art go hand in hand at 'Art with a View!'
- Salvation Army experience leaves bad impression
- Winning at life, step by step
- Daylight Savings Time ends
- Growth positive
- Marchman to head Judiciary Commission
- DeGree remembered for 'building futures'
- Parish school officials expect bigger 13th check
- Rally raises veil on domestic violence
- Salute to veterans slated for Nov. 7
- ULM announces new online concentration
- Tigers lead 4A
- Rebels welcome Natchitoches Central after Stallion upset
- LSU will stumble running ball against the Crimson Tide
- Sterlington, Homer collide for 2A high ground
- St. Frederick meets Montgomery Tigers, needs one more win
- Ouachita Lions clock Pineville, prepare for Richwood contest
- West Ouachita meets Wossman
- River Oaks advances to playoffs
- Ouachita Christian Eagles pursue perfect season record
- Carroll rallies at Rayville, following Farmerville loss
- Warhawks dig in for Saturday contest against Lafayette
- Weekly devotional: Nov. 1, 2012
- History professor writes new book
- Styx to perform at Bossier casino on Nov. 10
- 'Motivated electorate'
- Fan advisories, timeline for LSU, Bama showdown
- October 2012 - 183 articles
- September 2012 - 186 articles
- August 2012 - 211 articles
- July 2012 - 134 articles
- June 2012 - 139 articles
- May 2012 - 212 articles
- April 2012 - 167 articles
- March 2012 - 165 articles
- February 2012 - 129 articles
- January 2012 - 106 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Fan advisories, timeline for LSU, Bama showdown|
BATON ROUGE - LSU is advising fans to arrive early for the Tigers' game against Alabama on Saturday in preparation for a larger than usual number of people on the LSU campus.
ESPN Gameday will broadcast live from the LSU Parade Ground on Saturday morning. At 8 a.m. the show will air live on ESPNU and beginning at 9 a.m. it will be shown live on ESPN. Fans are encouraged to arrive early and park east of Highland Road if they are not staying for the football game.
Fans are reminded that backpacks are not permitted in Tiger Stadium, no exceptions. Bags larger than 8"x11" are also not permitted. Fans are strongly encouraged to follow these rules to expedite entry into the stadium and to reduce delays. Leaving bags or other items at the gates is strongly discouraged.
Fan Guide | Tailgating
Fans are encouraged to tailgate responsibly, to pick up trash around their tailgate locations and to practice safety with cookers and grills.
SOUTH ENDZONE CONSTRUCTION SITE
There will be limited pedestrian access to gates in the southeast corner of the stadium for fans coming from South Stadium Drive due to a construction zone. Gates most impacted by the construction zone are Gates 11, 12, 14, 18 (Tiger Den Suites) and 20 (East Ramp), as well as Portal B on the southwest corner of the stadium.
Maps & Details
For fans who enter through Gates 11, 12, 14, 18 and 20 on the east side of the stadium, the encouraged pedestrian route is to use Fieldhouse Drive and walk down to the stadium via Powerhouse Lane and walkways by Hatcher Hall and Johnston Hall.
Although all gates will be open, fans who sit in the south end zone are encouraged to use Gates 1-3 on the west side of the stadium. Fans can go to www.LSUsports.net/SEZ for a map of the construction zone and suggested walking routes to the stadium.
ALEX BOX WEST HANDICAP SHUTTLE ADJUSTMENTS
In an effort to provide better service for the handicap patron shuttle, LSU will issue shuttle passes for use of the Alex Box West Handicap Shuttle. Only vehicles that use state issued handicap identification to park in the Alex Box West lot for handicap purposes will be issued shuttle passes. Upon entry to the Alex Box West lot an attendant will handout shuttle passes for the number of individuals in the car at that time.
Shuttle passes will be required for pregame and postgame use of the Handicap Shuttle.
Shuttle buses will only drop-off and pick-up on South Stadium Drive west of Portal B. Additional buses will be used for postgame to maximize the shuttle capacity back to the lot.
COUNTERFEIT TICKET WARNING
Because of the magnitude of the LSU vs. Alabama game, fans are reminded to beware of stolen and counterfeit tickets.
If a fan purchases a stolen or counterfeit ticket, he or she can be denied admission at the gates and subject to investigation.
There are several organized groups that travel to major sporting events and concerts and sell stolen and counterfeit items. LSU reminds fans that the only authorized outlet for LSU football tickets is the LSU Athletic Ticket Office, including the LSU Ticket Marketplace at www.LSUsports.net/marketplace. Purchasing tickets from other sources are done at the buyers' own risk.
KEY TIMES TO KNOW ON SATURDAY
All Times Central
8 a.m. - ESPN Gameday Show on Parade Ground (ESPNU segment)
9 a.m. - ESPN Gameday Show on Parade Ground
Noon - LSU Ticket Office open in Athletic Administration Building
3 p.m. - Cowboy Mouth performs at Zatarain's Tiger One Village (front of PMAC)
4 p.m. - Stadium Club level and Tiger Den Suites open at Tiger Stadium
4:15 p.m. - LSU Student gates open at Tiger Stadium
4:30 p.m. - All remaining gates open at Tiger Stadium
4:50 p.m. - LSU football team walks down Victory Hill
5:00 p.m. - LSU Sports Radio Network Pregame Show (live from Zatarain's Tiger One Village)
5:10 p.m. - Tiger Band marches down Victory Hill
7:11 p.m. - Kickoff - LSU vs. Alabama
Report courtesy lsusports.net