Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: ULM, ULL collide Saturday
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- December 2012 - 131 articles
- November 2012 - 191 articles
- October 2012 - 183 articles
- October 31st, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 29th, 2012 (Monday) - 4 articles
- October 28th, 2012 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- October 25th, 2012 (Thursday) - 42 articles
- October 24th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2012 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- October 22nd, 2012 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 21st, 2012 (Sunday) - 5 articles
- October 19th, 2012 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 18th, 2012 (Thursday) - 38 articles
- October 16th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2012 (Monday) - 2 articles
- October 11th, 2012 (Thursday) - 41 articles
- October 9th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- October 7th, 2012 (Sunday) - 4 articles
- October 4th, 2012 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- October 3rd, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- September 2012 - 186 articles
- August 2012 - 211 articles
- July 2012 - 134 articles
- June 2012 - 139 articles
- May 2012 - 212 articles
- April 2012 - 167 articles
- March 2012 - 165 articles
- February 2012 - 129 articles
- January 2012 - 106 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|ULM, ULL collide Saturday|
ULM will play its second consecutive home game as it kicks off the month of November against UL-Lafayette Saturday afternoon inside Malone Stadium. Kickoff is set for 3 p.m. and the game will air on both the Sun Belt Network and ESPN3.com.
First and Ten...
* ULM and UL-Lafayette will meet for the 48th time Saturday at Malone Stadium... UL-Lafayette leads the all-time series 24-23 as it has won the last four meetings... ULM has dropped each of the last two meetings by a single point (L, 22-23, 2010; L, 35-36, 2011).
* Saturday's contest between the two teams will be the 20th meeting in Monroe, with the Warhawks holding a 10-9 advantage.
* Since falling to Baylor in the home opener on September 21, the Warhawks have won five straight games... It is the first time ULM has won five straight games since 1993 when it was a member of the FCS (1-AA) ranks... The five game streak in 1993 lasted from October 16 to November 13.
* The Warhawks are 4-0 in the Sun Belt for the first time since joining the conference... ULM started the conference season 3-0 in both 2005 and 2009 before dropping its fourth league game.
* Not only are the Warhawks bowl eligible at 6-2, it is the best start for the program during the FBS-era (started in 1994)... The last time ULM was 6-2 after its first eight games was in 1993.
* Kolton Browning needs just three touchdown passes to set a new school-record for career touchdown passes... Browning has 53 career TD passes and the junior sits just two back of Steven Jyles (55; 2002-05).
* Against South Alabama, Brent Leonard tied a single-game school record with four touchdown receptions... He is just the second player to accomplish the feat (Stepfret Williams, at Nevada, Oct. 14, 1995)... It was Leonard's second career multi-TD game (2 receiving TDs vs. Arkansas State, October 8, 2011)... Leonard finished with nine catches for 126 yards... The 126 receiving yards is the second highest total of his career (145 vs. Arkansas State, October 8, 2011)... Leonard also had a 22 yard punt return which is the longest for ULM during Todd Berry's tenure as head coach.
* Jon Fisher (OL) made his first career reception Saturday vs. South Alabama... Fisher caught a tipped pass in the second quarter for a two-yard reception.
* DaCorris Ford recorded his third interception of the season in the win over South Alabama... Ford leads the team with his three interceptions.
* Gerrand Johnson led ULM with eight tackles against South Alabama... Malcolm Edmond and and Isaiah Newsome added seven tackles each... Henry Mitchell, making his first career start, finished with six tackles... Ray Stovall also recorded six tackles as well as one pass breakup and three quarterback hurries.
* Justin Manton hit his second field goal of the season (four attempts) as he connected on a 35-yard field goal with 7:55 to play in the 38-24 win over South Alabama.
* Justin Manton set a new ULM single-season record as he hit his 33rd consecutive PAT... With his successful PAT in the 2nd quarter at WKU, he broke his on consecutive PATs in a season mark of 32, which he set as a rookie in 2011... Against South Alabama, Manton was 5-for-5 and is now 42-for-42 in 2012... Dating back to the 2011 season, he has hit 44 straight.
Saturday's contest between ULM and UL-Lafayette will be the 48th meeting between the two in-state schools. UL-Lafayette owns a slim one-game advantage (24-23) as it has claimed the last four meetings.
Leonard Ties Single-Game Record
Brent Leonard caught touchdowns in the first half and finished with a total of four in the 38-24 win over South Alabama. Leonard's four-touchdown game tied the single-game school-record. Stepfret Williams is the only other player in ULM history to have four touchdown receptions in one game (at Nevada, October 14, 1995).
Leonard finished with nine catches for 126 yards.
Defense Quick Hits: South Alabama
In the 38-24 win over South Alabama, Gerrand Johnson led the ULM defense with eight tackles. Malcolm Edmond and Isaiah Newsome each recorded seven tackles. Ray Stovall and Henry Mitchell added six tackles and Stovall led the squad with three quarterback hurries.
Report courtesy ulmathletics.com