Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: LSU's Minter named National Defensive Player of the Week
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- December 2012 - 131 articles
- November 2012 - 191 articles
- October 2012 - 183 articles
- October 31st, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 29th, 2012 (Monday) - 4 articles
- October 28th, 2012 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- October 25th, 2012 (Thursday) - 42 articles
- October 24th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2012 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- October 22nd, 2012 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 21st, 2012 (Sunday) - 5 articles
- October 19th, 2012 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 18th, 2012 (Thursday) - 38 articles
- October 16th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2012 (Monday) - 2 articles
- October 11th, 2012 (Thursday) - 41 articles
- October 9th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- October 7th, 2012 (Sunday) - 4 articles
- October 4th, 2012 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- October 3rd, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- September 2012 - 186 articles
- August 2012 - 211 articles
- July 2012 - 134 articles
- June 2012 - 139 articles
- May 2012 - 212 articles
- April 2012 - 167 articles
- March 2012 - 165 articles
- February 2012 - 129 articles
- January 2012 - 106 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|LSU's Minter named National Defensive Player of the Week|
BATON ROUGE - LSU junior linebacker Kevin Minter earned national recognition on Sunday for his play in the 24-19 win over Texas A&M as he was named the Walter Camp Football Foundation National Defensive Player of the Week.
The honor is the first of the year for an LSU player and it's the first national honor for Minter during his career with the Tigers.
Minter led the Tiger defensive attack with 12 tackles, including one sack for a 7-yard loss and an interception. He also broke up a pass and had two quarterback hurries in playing every defensive snap (94) in the LSU victory.
Minter played a key role in LSU holding the Aggies - the Southeastern Conference's top scoring team - to just 19 points, 28 below their season average. LSU also limited Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel, the SEC's leading rusher going into the game, to a season-low 27 yards. It was also the first time this year that Manziel didn't account for a touchdown rushing or passing.
Minter's third quarter interception halted an Texas A&M drive inside the LSU 45-yard line and his fist quarter sack came on third-down and pushed the Aggies out of field goal range.
For the game, the Tigers forced a season-high five turnover (3 interceptions and 2 fumbles) as LSU improved to 7-1 overall and 3-1 in the league action. In eight games this year, Minter continues to lead the Tigers and ranks among the top five in the SEC in tackles with 75.
This is the ninth year that the Walter Camp Football Foundation is honoring one offensive and one defensive player as its national Football Bowl Subdivision player of the week during the regular season. Recipients are selected by a panel of national media members and administered by the Foundation.
Report courtesy lsusports.net