Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: WM Coach Shows in the hospital
- 2013 - 802 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- December 2012 - 131 articles
- November 2012 - 191 articles
- October 2012 - 183 articles
- September 2012 - 186 articles
- August 2012 - 211 articles
- August 31st, 2012 (Friday) - 15 articles
- August 30th, 2012 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- August 29th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- August 28th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- August 27th, 2012 (Monday) - 6 articles
- August 25th, 2012 (Saturday) - 7 articles
- August 24th, 2012 (Friday) - 2 articles
- August 23rd, 2012 (Thursday) - 26 articles
- August 22nd, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- August 17th, 2012 (Friday) - 2 articles
- August 16th, 2012 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- August 10th, 2012 (Friday) - 5 articles
- August 9th, 2012 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- August 8th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- August 7th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 6th, 2012 (Monday) - 2 articles
- August 2nd, 2012 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- July 2012 - 134 articles
- June 2012 - 139 articles
- May 2012 - 212 articles
- April 2012 - 167 articles
- March 2012 - 165 articles
- February 2012 - 129 articles
- January 2012 - 106 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|WM Coach Shows in the hospital|
West Monroe High School football coach Don Shows was admitted to the hospital today to run some test after the Hall of Fame coach was experiencing some fatigue.
According to Shows who seemed in good spirits when he answered his phone, "Right now, they are running all the test and hopefully we can come up with a game plan to get it fixed."
Shows feels like the problem might be fluid problem related to his diabetes.
On Saturday, Shows coached the Rebels to a 14-7 victory over parish rival the Neville Tigers in the nightcap of the 2012 Bayou Jamb.
This Friday, West Monroe is scheduled to face the C.E. Byrd Yellow Jackets at Rebel Stadium in the season opener for both squads. Both schools are monitoring the tropics and Hurricane Isaac's path to see if there will be any impact on Friday's game.
The good news is that the game is scheduled for Rebel Stadium which has Field Turf and an excellent drainage system. The playing surface should not incur the same problems that a grass surface would present.
Last year, Byrd defeated the Rebels in Shreveport 30-23 to hand West Monroe its first regular season defeat in many seasons.
Photo courtesy of Louisiana Sports Writers Association's Hall of Fame.