Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Martin: A look at the 2012 SEC football season match ups
- 2013 - 961 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- December 2012 - 131 articles
- November 2012 - 191 articles
- October 2012 - 183 articles
- September 2012 - 186 articles
- August 2012 - 211 articles
- August 31st, 2012 (Friday) - 15 articles
- August 30th, 2012 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- August 29th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- August 28th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- August 27th, 2012 (Monday) - 6 articles
- August 25th, 2012 (Saturday) - 7 articles
- August 24th, 2012 (Friday) - 2 articles
- August 23rd, 2012 (Thursday) - 26 articles
- August 22nd, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- August 17th, 2012 (Friday) - 2 articles
- August 16th, 2012 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- August 10th, 2012 (Friday) - 5 articles
- August 9th, 2012 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- August 8th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- August 7th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 6th, 2012 (Monday) - 2 articles
- August 2nd, 2012 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- July 2012 - 134 articles
- June 2012 - 139 articles
- May 2012 - 212 articles
- April 2012 - 167 articles
- March 2012 - 165 articles
- February 2012 - 129 articles
- January 2012 - 106 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Martin: A look at the 2012 SEC football season match ups|
It kicks oﬀ on August 30 as South Carolina visits Vanderbilt. Talk about a trap game for the Gamecocks. Vandy usually plays its best ball at the ﬁrst of the season.
"There's advantages and disadvantages to it," Vanderbilt coach James Franklin said at SEC Media Days in Hoover Al., last month.
"I think the advantages, our kids are unbelievably motivated all oﬀ‑season knowing the type of game we're going to open up with. It allows you to spread your out‑of‑conference games throughout your whole schedule, so that you might not have to go down a gauntlet like you normally would. You can spread those out‑of‑conference games a little bit. I don't think there's any doubt being able to start your season with four out‑of‑conference games that you feel you have a chance of winning.
"The best way to teach kids how to win and have conﬁdence is by having success," Franklin said. "I think another thing is an opportunity for Vanderbilt to be on national television, get that type of exposure. We're excited about it, we really are. From a scheduling perspective, we got to continue to grow there. We have probably the most challenging out‑of‑conference schedule in all of the SEC playing two BCS opponents on the road. I don't know if there's another team in the conference that's doing that."
On Sept. 8, Auburn is at Mississippi State, Florida visits
Texas A&M and Missouri hosts Georgia. Welcome to the SEC.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!