Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Defense looking strong
- 2013 - 962 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- December 2012 - 131 articles
- November 2012 - 191 articles
- October 2012 - 183 articles
- September 2012 - 186 articles
- August 2012 - 211 articles
- July 2012 - 134 articles
- June 2012 - 139 articles
- June 29th, 2012 (Friday) - 1 articles
- June 28th, 2012 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- June 27th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- June 21st, 2012 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- June 20th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- June 15th, 2012 (Friday) - 2 articles
- June 14th, 2012 (Thursday) - 38 articles
- June 12th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- June 10th, 2012 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- June 9th, 2012 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- June 8th, 2012 (Friday) - 2 articles
- June 7th, 2012 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- June 4th, 2012 (Monday) - 4 articles
- June 3rd, 2012 (Sunday) - 3 articles
- June 2nd, 2012 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- June 1st, 2012 (Friday) - 1 articles
- May 2012 - 212 articles
- April 2012 - 167 articles
- March 2012 - 165 articles
- February 2012 - 129 articles
- January 2012 - 106 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Defense looking strong|
Last week, the Ouachita Citizen began a series featuring the top prep players returning in the state and parish by position for the upcoming football season. We began our series with an indepth look at the top offensive linemen for the 2012 season.
We have gathered information from some of the state's top recruiting experts at www.louisianaprepinsider.com, www.dandydon.com and www.pelicanpreps.com and come up with a list of the "Blue Chippers" for our state and parish that are sure to be high on every college coach's wish list come next year.
This week, we are crossing the line of scrimmage and focusing on the big guys for the defense - the defensive linemen. There are mainly two positions on a defensive line. These positions are defensive tackle and defensive end.
The first position to look at is the defensive tackles. Defensive tackles are critical for stopping the run and disrupting the timing of the offense.
Former NFL defensive tackleand current television star Bob Golic gave the following advice to parents.
Photo courtesy of NFL
Photo caption - pat "big cat" Williams runs down Aaron Rodgers in a divisional game in 2010. Williams graduated from Wossman High School where he led the Wildcats to the 1989 Class AAA State Runner Up position his sophomore year. During his ten plus year career with the Buffalo Bills and Minnesota Vikings, Williams was selected to three Pro Bowls. When it comes to defensive lineman in Ouachita Parish, Pat "The Big Cat" Williams is the gold standard for future athletes to aspire to surpass.