Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Katz RBI Ends Game 1 in 10 Minutes; Game 2 at 11 a.m.
- 2013 - 961 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- December 2012 - 131 articles
- November 2012 - 191 articles
- October 2012 - 183 articles
- September 2012 - 186 articles
- August 2012 - 211 articles
- July 2012 - 134 articles
- June 2012 - 139 articles
- June 29th, 2012 (Friday) - 1 articles
- June 28th, 2012 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- June 27th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- June 21st, 2012 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- June 20th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- June 15th, 2012 (Friday) - 2 articles
- June 14th, 2012 (Thursday) - 38 articles
- June 12th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- June 10th, 2012 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- June 9th, 2012 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- June 8th, 2012 (Friday) - 2 articles
- June 7th, 2012 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- June 4th, 2012 (Monday) - 4 articles
- June 3rd, 2012 (Sunday) - 3 articles
- June 2nd, 2012 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- June 1st, 2012 (Friday) - 1 articles
- May 2012 - 212 articles
- April 2012 - 167 articles
- March 2012 - 165 articles
- February 2012 - 129 articles
- January 2012 - 106 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Katz RBI Ends Game 1 in 10 Minutes; Game 2 at 11 a.m.|
Ten minutes after resuming game 1 of the NCAA Super Regional in the 12th inning, LSU's Mason Katz hit an RBI single to center field to drive in Tyler Moore and move the Tigers within one win of the College World Series.
After a two hour, 34 minute rain delay on Friday, the game was called and resumed at 10:06 a.m. CT. Saturday.
LSU (47-16) put its pitching ace and game 2 starter Kevin Gausman on the mound to start the 12th inning, and he retired the Stony Brook side in order on 12 pitches.
In the bottom half, Moore hit a bloop single to right field off Seawolves closer Frankie Vanderka. Moore advanced to second on a sacrifice bunt by Austin Nola. After an intentional walk of JaCoby Jones, Katz laced a single to left-center field. Though Moore had to hold up waiting for the line drive to fall, he slid into home plate safely and the celebration started around Katz.
"When (Austin) Nola came up with a guy on first, Coach (Mainieri) turned to me and JaCoby (Jones) and said 'one of you drive the run in,'" Katz said. "I said 'if he doesn't, I will.' They intentionally walked JaCoby and tried to get a double-play ball. I was going to do my best to drive something in the gap. In that situation, I was not going to hit into a double play. I wanted to get something early in the count to hit. That kid has a great curve ball. He threw me a curve ball and left it up in the zone and that was it."
First pitch of game 2 will be at 11:05 a.m. on the LSU Sports Radio Network (www.lsusports.net/live), televised by ESPN2 and streamed live on www.espn3.com.
Photo courtesy of LSU
Photo Caption - Mason Katz (right) "walks off" from his teammates after the game-winning RBI.