Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Royal procession or dog fight?
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- December 2012 - 131 articles
- November 2012 - 191 articles
- October 2012 - 183 articles
- September 2012 - 186 articles
- August 2012 - 211 articles
- July 2012 - 134 articles
- June 2012 - 139 articles
- June 29th, 2012 (Friday) - 1 articles
- June 28th, 2012 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- June 27th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- June 21st, 2012 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- June 20th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- June 15th, 2012 (Friday) - 2 articles
- June 14th, 2012 (Thursday) - 38 articles
- June 12th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- June 10th, 2012 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- June 9th, 2012 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- June 8th, 2012 (Friday) - 2 articles
- June 7th, 2012 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- June 4th, 2012 (Monday) - 4 articles
- June 3rd, 2012 (Sunday) - 3 articles
- June 2nd, 2012 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- June 1st, 2012 (Friday) - 1 articles
- May 2012 - 212 articles
- April 2012 - 167 articles
- March 2012 - 165 articles
- February 2012 - 129 articles
- January 2012 - 106 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Royal procession or dog fight?|
Have you heard the story of the boy whose dream it was to see the king? Well, one day, the opportunity came! A special procession was about to be held … the King would be seen by all! Dressed in his best, starting early, he walked miles for the experience of a lifetime … to see the king!
The hour came. Trumpets sounded. People cheered. The king's carriage was coming. Dogs were running and barking. Suddenly some of the dogs got into a fight. The boy watched as the fight grew loud and threatening. Then, suddenly, it was over … and he quickly turned back to see the king … but the king was gone.
A chance of a lifetime was missed, because he got tied up watching a dog fight!
There is a lesson here. There are "dog fights" of one kind or another all around. Someone has said, "The dogs don't start barking until the wagons start to roll."
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Leonard Gray is a retired foreign missionary. If you would like to talk to him about this or any other religion related subject, you may call him at (318) 299-7610.