Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Racing in Monroe heats up for 2012 season
- 2013 - 961 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- December 2012 - 131 articles
- November 2012 - 191 articles
- October 2012 - 183 articles
- September 2012 - 186 articles
- August 2012 - 211 articles
- July 2012 - 134 articles
- June 2012 - 139 articles
- June 29th, 2012 (Friday) - 1 articles
- June 28th, 2012 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- June 27th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- June 21st, 2012 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- June 20th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- June 15th, 2012 (Friday) - 2 articles
- June 14th, 2012 (Thursday) - 38 articles
- June 12th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- June 10th, 2012 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- June 9th, 2012 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- June 8th, 2012 (Friday) - 2 articles
- June 7th, 2012 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- June 4th, 2012 (Monday) - 4 articles
- June 3rd, 2012 (Sunday) - 3 articles
- June 2nd, 2012 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- June 1st, 2012 (Friday) - 1 articles
- May 2012 - 212 articles
- April 2012 - 167 articles
- March 2012 - 165 articles
- February 2012 - 129 articles
- January 2012 - 106 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Racing in Monroe heats up for 2012 season|
The weather was a little warm, but the racing action was hotter at Revolution Park. Fans saw some great exciting action as new cars were on the line-up.
The action got under way with Bobby Moore getting everyone in place. Lauren Guerriero sang the National Anthem. Brian Baker announced "let's go racing", the Atmos all-natural gas pace car moved on to the track, and racing began.
The Bandoleros were the first out and it was No.9 Landon "Catfish" O'neal was out front the first lap but quickly No. 33 Jett Jones made the pass and moved into the top spot. No.911 Dawson Moore and No.99 Dalon Moore were both on the track competing hard. The pack began to spread out and was into two sets. As they came cross the finish line it was Jones, O'Neal, and Dalon. Dalon's car did not pass tech so Dawson inked out the third spot.
The Compacts rolled out next and it was the dominance of Krazy Kory Kulp. He led the whole race even after restarts. Kulp had stiff competition from No. X3 Bubba Gowen, No. 17 Dustin Trim, No.55 Dalton Smith, No.X1 Jerry McMasters, and No.K12 Robert Shoemaker. Kulp began to open up a good lead and it looked like no one was going to be able to unseat him. As the checkered flag was thrown it was Kulp, Shoemaker, and McMasters.
Photo courtesy of Revolution Park and Entertainment Center
Photo Caption - LEGEND SERIES RETURNS TO MONROE - Christopher Freeland won the latest Legends Series race held at Monroe's Revolution Park. The Legends will return this Saturday night.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!