Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: ULM Ends Season with Loss to No. 16 Oregon State
- 2013 - 962 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- December 2012 - 131 articles
- November 2012 - 191 articles
- October 2012 - 183 articles
- September 2012 - 186 articles
- August 2012 - 211 articles
- July 2012 - 134 articles
- June 2012 - 139 articles
- June 29th, 2012 (Friday) - 1 articles
- June 28th, 2012 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- June 27th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- June 21st, 2012 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- June 20th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- June 15th, 2012 (Friday) - 2 articles
- June 14th, 2012 (Thursday) - 38 articles
- June 12th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- June 10th, 2012 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- June 9th, 2012 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- June 8th, 2012 (Friday) - 2 articles
- June 7th, 2012 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- June 4th, 2012 (Monday) - 4 articles
- June 3rd, 2012 (Sunday) - 3 articles
- June 2nd, 2012 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- June 1st, 2012 (Friday) - 1 articles
- May 2012 - 212 articles
- April 2012 - 167 articles
- March 2012 - 165 articles
- February 2012 - 129 articles
- January 2012 - 106 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|ULM Ends Season with Loss to No. 16 Oregon State|
ULM had its season come to an end Sunday with an 11-2 loss to No. 16 Oregon State at the NCAA Baton Rouge Regional. The Warhawks finished the season with a record of 32-30.
ULM had an outstanding season that included winning the Sun Belt Conference Tournament championship last week and earning its first trip to the NCAA Tournament since 2000. The Warhawks' 6-3 victory over Belmont yesterday ensured the team of being one of the final 40 teams remaining in the tournament.
ULM was unable to get anything going offensively against the Beavers, stranding 10 runners in the game, including two in each of the first three innings. ULM pounded out eight hits in the game and was led by senior Jeremy Sy's 2-for-3 performance at the plate.
Oregon State's Ben Wetzler (8-2) settled down after a shaky start and nearly went the distance on the mound. The left hander gave up two runs (0 earned) on eight hits and striking out eight in 8.2 innings.
Oregon State got on the board first, scoring three of its four runs in the second inning with two outs off ULM starter Shelby Aulds. Tyler Smith cranked a single through the left side to score two and give the Beavers a 3-0 advantage. Michael Conforto added an RBI single to right center to make the score 4-0. Kendall Thamm came on in relief and struck out Danny Hayes to get the Warhawks out of the jam.
Aulds (3-3) lasted just 1.2 innings, giving up four runs on six hits and a walk.
ULM scored a run in the top of the third inning to cut the score to 4-1. Jeremy Sy came around to score from second on a fielding error by OSU's John Tommasini at second base off the bat of Joey Rapp. Sy reached earlier in the inning on a walk and went to second on a sacrifice bunt from Caleb Clowers.
The Beavers opened up a 7-1 advantage with three runs in the fourth inning. Conforto had the big blow with a two-run double into the right-center gap. Ryan Dunn added a sacrifice fly to centerfield, scoring Conforto from third.
Oregon State added two more runs in the fifth inning and a pair of runs in the seventh inning to take an 11-1 lead.
The Warhawks pushed across a run in the ninth inning when pinch runner Devin Malone scored on a wild pitch with two outs.
Photo courtesy of ULM
Photo caption: ULM Caleb Clowers at bat against Oregon State in Sunday's NCAA Baton Rouge Regional. Oregon State defeated the Warhawks 11-2.