Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: ULM Baseball Closes Regular Season at UL-Lafayette
- 2013 - 962 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- December 2012 - 131 articles
- November 2012 - 191 articles
- October 2012 - 183 articles
- September 2012 - 186 articles
- August 2012 - 211 articles
- July 2012 - 134 articles
- June 2012 - 139 articles
- May 2012 - 212 articles
- May 31st, 2012 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- May 30th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- May 28th, 2012 (Monday) - 2 articles
- May 27th, 2012 (Sunday) - 5 articles
- May 25th, 2012 (Friday) - 3 articles
- May 24th, 2012 (Thursday) - 36 articles
- May 23rd, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- May 22nd, 2012 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- May 21st, 2012 (Monday) - 3 articles
- May 20th, 2012 (Sunday) - 11 articles
- May 18th, 2012 (Friday) - 1 articles
- May 17th, 2012 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- May 16th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- May 15th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- May 12th, 2012 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 10th, 2012 (Thursday) - 36 articles
- May 9th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- May 8th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- May 7th, 2012 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 5th, 2012 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- May 4th, 2012 (Friday) - 3 articles
- May 3rd, 2012 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- May 1st, 2012 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- April 2012 - 167 articles
- March 2012 - 165 articles
- February 2012 - 129 articles
- January 2012 - 106 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|ULM Baseball Closes Regular Season at UL-Lafayette|
MONROE, La. – The ULM baseball team (25-27, 12-15 SBC) wraps up regular season play this weekend when it travels to UL-Lafayette (23-27, 11-16 SBC) for the final Sun Belt Conference series of 2012.
Randy Zeigler (4-6, 3.55 ERA) is set to take the hill Thursday at 6 p.m. against Jordan Nicholson (3-6, 3.97 ERA). Cale Wine (6-4, 4.20 ERA) will take the ball Friday night against left-hander Chris Griffitt (6-3, 3.88 ERA). Freshman Austin Robichaux (2-4, 2.91 ERA) is scheduled to start Saturday against a ULM pitcher still to be determined.
Live stats and audio will be available at www.ulmwarhawks.com.
ULM Short Hops
-UL-Lafayette claimed two of three games against ULM at Warhawk Field March 16-18 to open Sun Belt Conference play.
-ULM battled through 44 combined minutes of weather delays Saturday night, downing Troy 4-3 in 10 innings to salvage game three of the weekend series.
-Chris Dudley roped a one-out, two-run double down the left field line in the top of the 10th inning following a 34-minute lightning delay. Judd Edwards led off the inning with a double to the left center field gap, and Taylor Abdalla reached on a throwing error trying to sacrifice bunt Edwards to second.
-Dudley's hit was the second late inning double to secure a ULM victory in as many weeks. Justin Stawychny cleared the bases with a three-run walk-off two-bagger against UALR May 5.
-ULM has won three of its last four Sun Belt Conference series, downing Middle Tennessee, Western Kentucky and UALR during that span. The Warhawks have also won five of their last six series finales, dating back to a 10-1 win at Arkansas State April 8.
-Caleb Clowers is in the midst of a 24-game on-base streak, the longest current streak among ULM hitters. The senior second baseman batted .349 (37-for-106) with 13 RBIs, six doubles, three stolen bases and 18 runs scored in his last 24 starts. Clowers surpassed the career 200-hit plateau at Troy Saturday.
-Jeremy Sy ranks first among all players in batting average in Sun Belt Conference play (.398), and is the league leader with 43 hits, 68 total bases, a .504 on-base percentage, a .630 slugging percentage and 31 runs scored. Sy is also the leader in walks (22) and is tied for third in triples (3) through 27 conference starts.
-ULM is ranked 38th in average attendance and 42nd in total attendance nationally after completing its 26th and final home date against McNeese State Tuesday. Warhawk Field saw a program-record 41,727 people pass through its gates in 2012, and a season-high 2,433 fans were on hand for the March 17 contest against UL-Lafayette.
Photo courtesy of ULM
Photo Caption: ULM Warhawk Jeremy Sy