Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: KEDM to air suicide prevention program
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- December 2012 - 131 articles
- November 2012 - 191 articles
- October 2012 - 183 articles
- September 2012 - 186 articles
- August 2012 - 211 articles
- July 2012 - 134 articles
- June 2012 - 139 articles
- May 2012 - 212 articles
- April 2012 - 167 articles
- April 30th, 2012 (Monday) - 3 articles
- April 28th, 2012 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- April 27th, 2012 (Friday) - 5 articles
- April 26th, 2012 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- April 25th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 5 articles
- April 24th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- April 23rd, 2012 (Monday) - 1 articles
- April 22nd, 2012 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- April 21st, 2012 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- April 20th, 2012 (Friday) - 2 articles
- April 19th, 2012 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- April 18th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- April 17th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 16th, 2012 (Monday) - 1 articles
- KEDM to air suicide prevention program
- April 15th, 2012 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 12th, 2012 (Thursday) - 36 articles
- April 10th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 7th, 2012 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- April 6th, 2012 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 5th, 2012 (Thursday) - 36 articles
- April 4th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- March 2012 - 165 articles
- February 2012 - 129 articles
- January 2012 - 106 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|KEDM to air suicide prevention program|
KEDM Public Radio, 90.3 FM, the radio station at the University Louisiana at Monroe, will air "Hope for Tomorrow," an in-depth conversation about understanding and preventing suicide amongst adolescents and young adults, at 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 19.
The half-hour special features an exchange with three students from Ouachita Parish schools: Alex Albritton, Connor Smith, and Hamilton Winters.
"So many efforts are being put into recent suicide awareness and prevention programs," says KEDM education reporter John Hughes, who moderated the panel. "We asked these students to talk about how much of that message is getting through to those most at risk."
Ouachita Parish School Psychologist Flint Smith and suicide survivor Loyal Miller also join the conversation that talks about the impact of suicide, the causes of despair, and steps toward awareness that can lead to prevention.
Northeast Louisiana has had six students take their own lives since August 2010. Epidemiologists refer to three or more suicides in a specific location as a "cluster." Local officials have since invested in training for teachers, administrators, and school counselors to spot warning signs in students who need help.
The program will air a second time at 4 p.m., Wednesday, April 25 and will be archived on KEDM's website at kedm.org.
KEDM Public Radio is licensed to the University of Louisiana at Monroe and broadcasts a line-up of in-depth news, classical music and jazz, along with entertainment programs from studios on the ULM campus. KEDM education reporting is a part of the Southern Education Desk, a regional journalism center supported by a grant from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.