Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Influenced by Coach Payne
- 2013 - 844 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- December 2012 - 131 articles
- November 2012 - 191 articles
- October 2012 - 183 articles
- September 2012 - 186 articles
- August 2012 - 211 articles
- July 2012 - 134 articles
- June 2012 - 139 articles
- May 2012 - 212 articles
- April 2012 - 167 articles
- March 2012 - 165 articles
- March 29th, 2012 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- March 24th, 2012 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- March 22nd, 2012 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- March 21st, 2012 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- March 20th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 17th, 2012 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- March 15th, 2012 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- March 13th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 8th, 2012 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- March 6th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 4th, 2012 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- March 2nd, 2012 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 1st, 2012 (Thursday) - 26 articles
- February 2012 - 129 articles
- January 2012 - 106 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Influenced by Coach Payne|
EDITOR'S NOTE: The following column was written as a birthday surprise for
Ouachita Citizen columnist Robert Charles Payne by his daughter. Payne's birthday is today, March 29.
My dad, Robert Charles Payne Sr., loves gifts that come from the heart. As each year passes, it gets harder to think of something I haven't done over the past 30 years.
Today my dad turns 68 so I thought I could honor him on this day by sharing stories that have impacted my life to this day. If you read my dad's column often then you have heard many stories about his mom and dad and their family. My dad always taught me that I need to use whatever resources I may have. I learned that at a very early age and continue to use that advice to this very day.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Robert Charles Payne is an inspirational writer who lives in West Monroe. He can be contacted by e-mailing email@example.com.