Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: It's never too late to dream
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- December 2012 - 131 articles
- November 2012 - 191 articles
- October 2012 - 183 articles
- September 2012 - 186 articles
- August 2012 - 211 articles
- July 2012 - 134 articles
- June 2012 - 139 articles
- May 2012 - 212 articles
- April 2012 - 167 articles
- March 2012 - 165 articles
- March 29th, 2012 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- March 24th, 2012 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- March 22nd, 2012 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- March 21st, 2012 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- March 20th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 17th, 2012 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- March 15th, 2012 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- March 13th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 8th, 2012 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- March 6th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 4th, 2012 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- March 2nd, 2012 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 1st, 2012 (Thursday) - 26 articles
- February 2012 - 129 articles
- January 2012 - 106 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|It's never too late to dream|
I received a magazine in the mail the other day. The publication was one of those catalogs that have all those unique items in them. One of those catalogs that makes you say when you see an item, "Why didn't I think of that?"
You would have thought someone would have come up with the idea for some of these products years ago, but for some reason, no one had. Many of us can come up with the idea of an invention, but very few of us follow through with the development of the product. Just like the Wright Brothers. Do you know that they were not the only ones who had built the airplane? But they were the first ones to go out and fly it.
This was the mode of thinking that I tried to encourage when I was a classroom teacher. There are a lot of talented and gifted people in the world, but a lot of us go through life never having the giant within us awakened. We never know the gifts that lay dormant within us. We never knew our own ability.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Robert Charles Payne is an inspirational writer who lives in West Monroe. He can be contacted by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.