Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Zachary vs. Teurlings Catholic baseball game ends in bench clearing brawl
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- December 2012 - 131 articles
- November 2012 - 191 articles
- October 2012 - 183 articles
- September 2012 - 186 articles
- August 2012 - 211 articles
- July 2012 - 134 articles
- June 2012 - 139 articles
- May 2012 - 212 articles
- April 2012 - 167 articles
- March 2012 - 165 articles
- March 29th, 2012 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- March 24th, 2012 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- March 22nd, 2012 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- March 21st, 2012 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- March 20th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 17th, 2012 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- Zachary vs. Teurlings Catholic baseball game ends in bench clearing brawl
- March 15th, 2012 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- March 13th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 8th, 2012 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- March 6th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 4th, 2012 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- March 2nd, 2012 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 1st, 2012 (Thursday) - 26 articles
- February 2012 - 129 articles
- January 2012 - 106 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Zachary vs. Teurlings Catholic baseball game ends in bench clearing brawl|
Just as the umpire fired off that classic line to Play Ball, the Zachary Broncos and Teurlings Catholic Rebels came out swinging literally. The Zachary - Teurling Catholic 10:00 a.m. baseball game in the Marucci Tournament had to be called in the first inning due to a bench clearing brawl between the two teams at Ouachita Parish High School in the first game of the 2012 Marucci Classic.
Eye witnesses stated that parents were involved in the altercation as well.
"It is very unfortunate that this type of thing happens," Ouachita Head Baseball Coach Carter said. "I was pleased with the way our officials here at Ouachita quickly broke up the altercation and restored order. We have handed all the information over the administrators at both schools and the LHSAA for their review."
This is not the first time play has to be stopped at a high school event this season, the LHSAA held several sportsmanship hearings in the fall due to bench clearing brawls at several football games this past season.
Officials for the tournament are confident that this situation will not tarnish what has been a great tournament for those schools involved.
"We have been real impressed with the level of competition and the facilities here in Northeast Louisiana for this tournament," Notre Dame Head Baseball Coach Tim Robichaux said. "We look forward to hopefully coming back next year."